|Mechanical Engineer or Technologist (x7)
|Occupation: ||Engineering & Technical
||Min. 5 years
||Mechanical Engineer or Technologist
||Our client manufactures Heavy Industrial and Agricultural equipment for both domestic and foreign markets. Main heavy industries are Construction, Forestry, Mining, Oil & Gas, Materials Handling and Railroad.
As our client continues to grow and moves into the future, the projects that they are involved in are becoming more complex and integrated. They require Intermediate and Senior Mechanical Engineers and Technologists to lead and mentor junior mechanical designers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Engineering Manager the incumbent will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following areas:
- Responsible for standard and custom engineering design of products.
- Project management, including budgeting, concepts, developing scopes of projects, scheduling, design criteria, fit form and function checking and commissioning.
- Work closely, with junior engineers and technicians and lend guidance on the design of new equipment.
- Support Project Managers for the design and layout of the components and finished products. This may be at either the quoting, design, manufacturing or commissioning stage of the project.
- One of the positions requires: lead the development of an Auto-Tracking system for the tracking of pipe through a pipe mill processing plant.
||- B.Sc. Mechanical Engineer or Mechanical Engineering Technologist
- CAD/CAM Engineering Technology or Computer Aided Design Drafting Technology
- Minimum 5 years to 20 years experience.
- P.Eng. or C.E.T. would be an asset.
- Experience with Inventor would be an asset.
- Farming or Railroad background would be an asset.
- Design experience for steel fabrication and machining.
- Must have good working knowledge of heavy-duty equipment and their applications
- Experience with hydraulics.
- Familiar with Bills of Materials and Shop Drawings.
- Good communication skills.
||Please forward your resume along with references in MS Word format